Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oh December!

The title above has nothing to do with the content of this account. For a long time, I am struggling to teach the icu topics to 4th year medical students. It is only two tutorial and very minimal exposure to the units while doing their anaesthesiology two weeks rotation. Finally I have finished writing the chapter, well not quite writing it but the contents are appropriate for them to understand about icu. The second one is to introduce the concept of problem orientated systematic approach and this one is really challenging!

Well, I have been away for sometimes and I think the simulation skills classes for the students are a little bit out. I am working on this since I think I have the knowledge in this area.

I am going to revise the keys in crisis resource management and may revisit the whole thing in a formal manner.

  1. Know your environment
  2. Anticipate and plan
  3. Call for help early
  4. Take a leadership role
  5. Communicate effectively
  6. Allocate attention wisely, Use all available information
  7. Distribute the workload and utilise all available resources

No comments:

Post a Comment